Connect with Queries
How to write an effective query...
- Write surname in bold letters or in all CAPITAL letters.
- Give dates or approximate dates of events, along with locations.
- Use upper and lower case letters in your query. Using all CAPS distracts from the important parts you want people to read and screams at you!
- Post what you already know, and be specific about what you are looking for.
See St. Clair Co. Michigan's Fun SamplesWriting Better Queries - by Gary Lee Phillips
Where to Query
The Trumbull County Genealogical Society - WebsiteMembership includes six (6) issues of our newsletter that contain chapter news, free queries for members, seminars, new books for sale, historical and genealogical information from Trumbull County. Members are encouraged to submit material for publication.
Group Discussion and Mailing Lists
Join the Ohio Genealogy Group Ohio Genealogy Discussion and Mailing List
Trumbull Genealogy Forums
Ancestry.com bought the GenForum board and the Rootsweb boards, so the only board is the Ancestry Query Board. If you wish to submit queries or see past queries:
- RootsWeb/Ancestry Message Board
- GenForum Message Boards (Ancestry has made the old GenForum "Read Only" at Genealogy.com )
Facebook Groups and Pages
Page updated June 2023